Friday, June 11, 2010

super girl

so remember when i went to that veggie pride parade.  i met someone there who said something that i can't get out of my head.

i'm there wearing my super hero shirt.  it is this red t-shirt with every comic book female super hero ever on it.  i always get lots of compliments from men who love these ladies when i wear it (sometimes it gets a little awkward because the superheroes are across my boobs, and they start pointing them each out by name).  In light of this, I don't think unusual when a certain gentleman (i'll call him ed (because that may or may not be his name, i can't remember)) compliments me on it.  Ed, however, is super enthusiastic about it, so I tell him that i had a super hero party on my 22nd birthday and everyone dressed up as a super hero.  This intrigued him even more, and he began to talk about the impact that super heroes have on our culture in a positive way. He loves the idea of some normal person having a great capacity to make an impact,  and how we all possess these powers, even beyond our understanding, or imagination.

Ed's words plus summer stock remind me that I am capable of so much more than I know.  Physically, creatively, and even in relationships.  Working at a summer theatre, in which I'm working on two shows at a time, forming substantial relationships, and challenging myself on every level - all at lightning speed is the quintessential super natural experience, evoking an energy and assertiveness that I forget that I have! 

Here are some pictures from this super natural experience.  :)

No comments: