Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Home, Sweet, Home? or seven giddy smiles

There's a question mark there, because I wonder whether or not I can call a place I'm subletting home.  I mean, I'm using someone else's furniture, and roommate.  All the same it feels spectacular to be back in New York. (That's right, spectacular.) I just came from a town of 4400 people.  I think there is no need to elaborate.

In just 4 weeks, some things have already changed here, and although I thoroughly enjoyed the experience in Sullivan, I am so giddy about being back that everything seems extra amazing to me!  Here's a list of things in the city that are putting smiles on my lips:

  1. the gentleman sleeping next to me on the train, "snoring".  it sounds more like a moose mating call, and it makes everyone around us smirk, giggle and exchange glances.
  2. i peek over someones shoulder on the same train and see her putting together a jigsaw puzzle on her iPhone.  there's an app for that!?  awesome!
  3. in one month away, 8 avenue in midtown somehow manages to install a shake shack!  (i'm not particularly a fan of shakes, but i know it will make my honey happier than a clam)
  4. speaking of my honey, i get to meet him at the stage door again!
  5. speaking of my honey, he gets a smoothie from juice generation, and (gasp) can not finish it, so he gives it to me!  talk about a role reversal!
  6. my brother calls me to say he's coming to visit me in this amazing city! (a perk of living in an amazing place: visitors like never before!)
  7. all the dried mango i can eat!!!! yum!
:)

No comments: