Friday, November 16, 2007

Funny Ha-Ha

One of God's greatest gifts to us is laughter, by far! These days, I take Dempsey in my arms with a menacing grin, because I know that only the combination of gently poking his belly and several quick kisses to his cheek can inspire the beginning remnants of a chuckle. Right now this sounds more like a grunt and looks like the sweetest little toothless twitter. I love it! Who doesn't like to laugh? Studies say that we have good reason to keep doing it!  Studies have shown that laughter can help reduce stress, and there are even laughter therapies.  

So let's put more laughter into our lives!  Here are some tips to doing this:
  • Figure out what makes you laugh and do it (read it, watch it) more often
  • Surround yourself with really funny people.  
  • Hang out with kids more and ask them questions.  You're bound to chuckle at the way they see the world.
  • Let someone tickle you.  
  • Put on a pair of glasses that come with eyebrows and a nose.  (That always gets me, I'm laughing as I'm typing this)
  • Remember that time that you just could not stop laughing.
  • Use your imagination when you need a laugh at work.  (ex. what if my co-worker who's standing at the copy machine turned into a lion, or turned around and started singing opera(that might not seem funny to you because i have a stupid sense of humor, so just use your imagination))
So that said here are some of my favorite things to laugh at.  Leave a comment with some things that make you laugh!!

  1. Annie, when she shivers and her teeth chattering sounds like Italian.
  2. Ellen Degeneres
  3. Chris, when he's looking for his comb (and when he acts out traffic signs :)).
  4. Coming to America
  5. Fallyn and every roommate that I've ever had ( something about being up late in p.j.s is just funny)
  6. Anything anyone says right after I eat a good meal
  7. The Royal Tenenbaums
  8. Katie when she leaves a voice mail.
  9. My mom when she's really serious about singing "whoop there it is" or playing taboo.
  10. Bollywood movies.

MY NEW GOAL IS TO HAVE A GOOD HEARTY LAUGH EVERY DAY!!  So help me and leave a comment!

No comments: